Translate

Monday, October 20, 2008

Monastic Healing Practice

For more than 1500 Years, herbal Medicine has been documented and preserved in christian Convents and Monasteries around the World. However besides large Volumes of Herbal Wisdom preserved in Books and some well kept herbal Gardens for Visitors in ancient Convent Buildings, you barely find active Herbalists in fulltime Practice in 21 Century monasticism. Currently myself is the only prominent Herbalist alive in western Europe who is fully proffessed Monk and the only Teacher of monastic Herbalism in an active Convent, currently known . Not that this Position makes me proud, but rather makes me sad. It is not easy to accept, that a thousand Year old Craft should simply die out. This is one of the Reasons , I try to keep my work puplic, writing some of my experience and thoughts to those reading this humble Blog. Not being a native speaker of the English Language , I ask for Patience for my many Mistakes in Grammar and Expression of the English Language. Thankyou

3 comments:

Lisa Zahn said...

Do you teach others? I would think there would be other monks interested in your work and wanting to learn.

Comfrey Cottages said...

i agree with you that all this herbal knowledge needs preserved and utilized. would love to see pics of your herb garden sometime and also, to learn the different ways you use herbs as medicine. thank you and sending you peace and love! :) oh and never fear that your english will be wrong or anything like that! i admire the fact you are posting in english so i can enjoy your blog! thanks

Unknown said...

I always have been ordering all my Online Pharmacy medication but it's a wonderful option and I'd like more information about it please...